20.4.09

Jamie Foxx Practices Literal Insanity for The Soloist

Could this be why Jamie Foxx went in on Miley Cyrus and later apologized? With any actor, it’s always a plus when he or she can completely dedicate themselves to a role, but Mr. Foxx may have put himself out there a little too much. According to the Oscar winner, it got to the point where he nearly lost his mind playing real life homeless schizophrenic cello prodigy Nathanial Ayers in the upcoming film The Soloist. “You had to lose your mind every day you're on set, and sometimes you didn’t have enough time to get your mind back before the weekend,” Foxx told EUR’s Lee Bailey. “I just remember calling my manager like, ‘I know what it is; I know why he's crazy!’ And my manager's like, ‘Foxx? Are you okay?’ I said, ‘No, no, no! He does this because of this, he does that because of this, and I'm gonna go crazy, and I'm gonna lose everything, and I'm gonna be homeless, but I'm gonna be able to play the piano great…’[My manager] says, ‘Foxx, I'm on my way over.’” Despite believing that actors don’t need their own therapists while filming difficult roles, Foxx ended up taking his manager and agent’s suggestion that he talk to a psychiatrist, “just so you'll have a way to get out of your head,” they said, according to the actor. As a result, Foxx is sold on bringing in a therapist when the need exists. “I had no idea that the mind could be that fragile,” he said.

"The Soloist" (2009)

In "The Soloist," a drama about the redemptive power of music, journalist Steve Lopez (Robert Downey Jr.) discovers Nathaniel Anthony Ayers (Jamie Foxx), a former classical music prodigy, playing his violin on the streets of L.A. As Lopez endeavors to help the homeless man find his way back, a unique friendship is formed, one that transforms both their lives.

To see how crazy Jamie gets, be sure to check out The Soloist when it arrives in theaters on April 24.

InTheMixWithTre’

Related Source:

http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/alternatives/archive/2009/04/17/21380753.aspx

http://movies.about.com/od/thesoloist/The_Soloist_2008.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment